Thursday, March 14, 2013

Last work day...Just reflecting

I'm very happy with everything that happened today! I was able to build a wheel chair ramp. Growing up I always looked to my dad to fix everything so I never worked with power tools, but today my limits were tested. When it came time to make even ground and a good foundation for the ramp I was able to use alot of the tools. Some of the tools I'd never even seen before, but it was very interesting to understand them and to understand how accurate everything needed to be.everything had to be measured and cut just right. With all the hard work my group contributed to the effort we produced an amazing ramp! It felt good knowing that the person living in this home would be able to safely enter nd exit their homes. We learned alot about how the People of Macon can benefit from these wheelchair ramps. It hard to believe today is our last work day because everyday has been so amazing! We learned so much about each other and the issues here in Macon. It's hard to think tomorrow I won't wake up again to go meet with volunteers for another day of service. Even though today is the last day of work here in Macon I'll take everything I've learned and continue to apply it to everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment